About Thai Foot Massage…
Thai foot massage is a massage of the lower legs and feet, applying pressure to specific reflex points using a wooden Thai foot stick, and working on the meridian (or sen) lines to energise and create balance to the body. The Influence of reflexology on this therapy plays a major role. Reflexology is based on the premise that on the soles and the top of the feet there is a complete map of the human body. There are zones and reflex areas in the feet, which correspond to all glands, organs, parts and systems of the body. The act of reading signs on the feet, understanding the client and of applying pressure using the thumb, finger and hand techniques through specialised combination of pressure are an art.
Benefits of Thai Foot Massage…
• Improving the functions within the body system, such as stimulating the circulatory system of blood and lymph system
• Prevents and relives some problems such as constipation, asthma, gall bladder problems, cystitis, headache, renal disease, migraine, sinusitis and stress
• Improves circulation in the legs and hands
• Stimulates the mind
• Helps remove toxins
• Helps boost the immune system
• Reduces stiffness and improves flexibility
• Detoxifies the immune system
• Accelerates physical healing
• Increased energy levels
• Greater creativity, clarity of thought and concentration
• A sense of tranquillity, calmness and positive well being
• Alleviation of stress, anxiety, lethargy and mild depression
• Greater self awareness,
• Increased self esteem and self worth
• Stimulation of sensory nerve endings, producing a feeling of exhilaration
What to Expect During Your Treatment…
A range of movements are used throughout the treatment making it extremely popular and beneficial for your client and also enjoyable for the therapist. The treatment involves stretches and alternative massage techniques applied to the lower legs, feet, head, neck, shoulders and back and incorporates the use of the therapist’s elbows and feet. Thai Massage balances the elements of the mind and body, while Thai Foot Massage stimulates the internal Organs, giving the receiver a Holistic treatment. This traditional and effective massage is excellent for relieving stress and promoting relaxation, with so many benefits.
All treatments allow full use of our sauna and shower facilities, so why not arrive early before your booked treatment time (or you are most welcome to stay after your treatment) and enjoy complimentary use of the thermal sauna and showers.
The stated treatment times include time to get changed at the beginning and end of your treatment. If you are a new client, we do ask that you arrive 10-15 minutes prior to your treatment to complete a consultation. Arriving late to your appointment may mean we have to shorten your session.